Re: [NTLK] US Copyrights: 3 yrs. exemption for obsolete platforms?

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 13:37:52 PST

On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 01:00 PM, Brian Pearce wrote:
> ue, but I'm not convinced the fact that Apple is not actively
> developing the Newton OS or associated hardware would make it obsolete
> (legally speaking), either. It's still a part of the company's
> intellectual property portfolio.

This is about Copyrights, not patents. IP is usually covered by Patent,
law but IANAL.

This covers 'software' that is copyrighted. It seems the smallest
impact for Newtonians would be that UNNA can now host any piece of
software that was originally released on:

        Floppies
        Linear Flash Cards
        Came with the Newton

but not necessarily anything that also had original-source
Internet-based distribution.

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html