Re: [NTLK] SMART Flash Memory Card problem

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 15:00:58 PST

Selon "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>:

> The SM9FLxxxx... models seem to be ATA cards, while the SM9FAxxxx...
> look like they're the linear ones. I can't find that exact model listed
> on SMARTm's site, but it looks like it's likely to be an ATA card. In
> which case, you can eat the loss as a learned lesson, complain to the
> seller if it was auctioned as a Newton-compatible card, or talk to Paul
> about buying his ATA driver.

Actually, Henry's card is 4 MB and if ever it's an ATA card (in which case his
Newton should behave differently, I think), there is no need to buy ATA Support
unless he wants to support my development work. Indeed, one can freely use 4 MB
cards with the completely not annoying demo version (it will never ask you to
register or whatever). Bigger cards are limited to 4 MB for read/write, they
can only be read beyond 4 MB. It's something I should stress, I think, one can
get 4 MB of cheap storage by buying some ATA card and using it with ATA Support
Demo.

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html