[NTLK] Phone applications inspired by the Newton?

From: Terry Clark (newton_at_mooo.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 09:42:47 PST

Hello to everyone!

I'm new to this list but perhaps I'm one of a growing number of 'lapsed'
users picking up their interest again. I bought an OMP just as the 110s were
coming out (they were available 'cheap') and the unit saw daily use for
quite a long time. Eventually the unit was 'retired' and because I knew
Apple had discontinued the Newton range, I expected the Newton would
disappear.

I was pleased to discover the Newton community is still thriving! I now seem
to be a collector (I have 2 OMPs, a 110, a 120 & a 2000) but also I'm
interested in the lessons Newton software & usability can teach the new
generation of smart phones.

Personally I find that my phone is more use to me as a PDA, rather than the
'real' PDAs that are currently about, because I carry my phone about with me
anyway. I look forward with to getting to know the Newton again, to provide
ideas on how my phone can be more useful. The PDA software on my phone is
pretty basic compared to what a Newton does.

I'd be interested in other people's views on this...

Cheers

- Terry

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html