Re: [NTLK] Questions about email programs

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 14:02:01 PDT

------------------
>I am thinking about using my 2100 for email for the first time. I was
wondering how many of you use your Newton as your primary
>email device?

I sure do. 300+ emails a day. Ever since 1998, a Newt. is a 'safe' email
device.
------------------
>What email program do you use? >How do the programs handle html email with
images? Do the programs handle attachments?

-EnRoute(iNet) for most text emails and POP List Manager.
-Simplemail for large(10KB+) emails, also for images(jpeg[via Newtscape
plug-in], gif), and html email(such as pcconnection and pcmall sales
emails).
-Eudora Pro(for Newton) for emails that EnRoute and Simplemail 'choke' on.
-Lunasuite, awesome pkg., but crashes too often.
..attachments?, not on a Newt., there's no viewer/reader except for PDF's
but IIRC still in beta
------------------
>I am ready to abandon my practice of carrying my laptop everywhere. I
figure I am going to use my 2100 and have a copy of all my emails saved on
my home PC so I can handle attachments when I am home.

Or get a mini-laptop. The Newt. is great and has been a replacement for an
expensive laptop, but the Newt. is slow compiling emails, mine takes one
min. to download 15 text emails, longer for large emails. When you travel
local call access is cost/time effective.
But yes, you can save emails until you get home/work.
------------------
>Thank you for the help.
>
>BTW, I have inspired 3 friends to buy 2100's in the past few months since
returning myself after a few years away from the greatest
>handheld computer ever made!
>
>Steven Verona

THANK YOU for 'keeping it green'! :-)

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html