Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 18:00:03 PDT

Hiroshi's river has *nothing* to do with AirPort. This is a fine line
of distinction, but the Newton cannot use Airport Cards, therefore
Hiroshi's driver doesn't support AirPort cards. Hiroshi's Driver
supports many other *standard PCMCIA cards*.

Now let's talk about the datalink between the Newton and the Airport
Base Station. This is Wi-Fi, 802.11b (or g) aka Wireless Ethernet. Any
Wi-Fi card that is supported by Hiroshi's Driver can be used to connect
to an AirPort Base Station or any other standard Access Point.

To put a fine point on it: Drivers are used to support PCMCIA cards.
Divers are not used to support Access Points (like the Airport Base
Station)

The Orinoco Silver Card *will* work with any 802.11b-compatible access
point, such as the ABS.

...Ross..

--
What should I do with my life?
          "Agitate. Agitate, Agitate." - Frederick Douglass