Re: [NTLK] [OT] Stupid things

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 18:43:15 PDT

re: electric fences-

The standards for Electric Fences are 1 pulse maximum every second with a
pulse width of 10us.

Generally. They can produce an output voltage of up to 10kV and when loaded
deliverup to 100A. They are limited in the number of joules they are allowed
to produce ( 5 is the norm here ). But, there are units which produce up to
30 joules. In fact in South Africa it is leagl to fit Energisers capable of
delivering a shock capable of easily killing humans.

Where I work we design and manufacture these things and new workers very
quickly get an understanding of what these things can do.

  Michael

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get five times more storage - 10MB
in your Hotmail account. Go to
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html