Re: [NTLK] OMP Battery Life

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 21:16:36 PDT

On 5/23/03 at 8:44 PM -0500, Matt Janeczek wrote :

> I know though that the charging cycle is different for
>NiCadand NiMH batteries, because I have a charger at home that has settings
>for both, so perhaps you may not be getting the full potential out of yours,
>even though it may seem like they are being charged okay.

I never bothered checking into the difference between the two
charging cycles (I too have a external charger with a switch between
Nicad and NiMh) because

1. the AAA batteries in the Newton MP100 have lasted a couple of
years and are still chugging along cheerfully without any apparent
problem.

2. These NiMh batteries unquestionably still last much, much longer
than the Nicads I was using initially.

Cheers,

Darrell

p.s., just did a quick google and got this from
<http://www.hamuniverse.com/batteries.html> which fits my experience
(I was manager of an electronics lab before I retired) and my
knowledge of charging theory...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html