Re: [NTLK] OMP Battery Life

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 15:01:11 PDT

> Does anyone know the relative battery life ratio between a 110 and an
OMP?
>I noticed on the box of the 110 it says improved battery life, and the
110 I
>have lasts a very long time on alkaline batteries. I am buying an OMP
for
>mygrandpa, and was wondering how often he is going to have to change
the
>batteries. Any ideas? I hope it doesn't gulp up power because that
can get
expensive.

You can't really compare a 100 to a 110 as for battery life since the
110 uses
AA size cells whereas the 100 uses AAA size cells. This means the cells
powering
the 110 have about three times the capacity of those powering the 100.
As for the battery life in hours, this is difficult to say. It strongly
depends
on what you do with the Newton and for how long. If you do not switch
the 100
off after you change the battery, don't expect more than a couple of
hours.
But you can always use rechargeable batts that you charge in an external
charger.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html