Re: [NTLK] Upgrading an MP 2000 - How to Install??

From: Jeremy Wiles (screwjack_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 02:46:16 PDT

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> > How difficult is it to install the MP 2000 mother board into an MP
> 2000?
>
> Piece of cake. Since all you have to do is exactly... Nothing...
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist. Putting a 2100 motherboard into a 2000 takes
> about
> 15 minutes if you know what you are doing and about an hour if you
> don't.
> Of this hour 40 minutes will be spent on assembling enough courage to
> crack
> the case open. For details, see
>
> http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
>
> Frank

Just wanted to publicly say thanks for the great instructions, Frank. I
was contemplating sending a recently purchased, near-mint 2000 off for
upgrade but I just couldn't resist trying it myself, swapping a mobo from
a spare 2100 with an abused screen. Your instructions made it easy. Tore
down and rebuilt both units in about an hour and both are now fully
functional.

guess I didn't really need to rebuild the donor unit, but I'll be keeping
it around for parts and what better way to store them, eh? Thanks again!

jer

"Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible." - Frank
Zappa

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html