Re: [NTLK] Map Books

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 15:44:15 PDT

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 20:52 Europe/Amsterdam, Dylan Stewart wrote:
> Now, as for the question at hand, I'm not sure that a Newton Book
> would be
> suitable. A

-snip-

> Really, I wonder if an entire map could fit into the Newton's memory
> all at
> once. It might be best to put it on some sort of storage card as a
> tremendously huge soup (with each page as an entry) which the map
> reader can
> access. That way, you can have a 'file' bigger than the Newton has
> storage
> space. However, I don't know enough about soups to say whether that's
> viable idea or not.

Dylan, thanks for the legal part.

As for the map (and the Newton part of this thread, for that matter ;-)

As the link before showed, yes, it can be done and has been done by
Peter Belanger but nobody mentioned 'Mapper' from
http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml
 From the site: 'Mapper is an application that lets Newton users view
and scroll large images and maps on their Newton. Mapper is free.'

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html