Re: [NTLK] Map Books

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 06:55:26 PDT

Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net) wrote:

> "The scanning, uploading and distribution of this book via the Internet or
> via any other means without the permission of the publisher is illegal and
> punishable by law."

The way I read this, this refers to something quite different than what
he's attempting to do. He doesn't intend to upload and distribute an
electronic version of the maps; he's only converting them for his own
use. "scanning, uploading and distribution" (shouldn't that be
"distributing"?) refers to a sequence of steps of which Ed is only taking
the first.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de