[NTLK] eMate Ethernet Card Trouble

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 19:27:40 PDT

 I just bought a 3Com 3CXE589DT card from eBay, I installed all the
necessaryparts of NIE 2.0 as well as the two drivers, the 3Com driver and
theFallaraon patch. When I insert the card the eMate says that it can not
support this card! I also have the latest eMate ROM installed in it as
well,everything is basically up to date. What do I do? The card itself is
okay because it works fine in my laptop. I had noticed one thing in
particular though. When I use the card in my laptop, there is a little
greenlight that stays on when the cable is plugged in. When I insert it in
the eMate, the light comes on for a few seconds then goes off, then I get
the unreadable error message I explained earlier. Could there be some kind
of power issue here? The actual port on the eMate should not be damaged
(bent pins etc) because this is an almost brand new eMate. I even looked
inside with a magnifiying glass and everything seems to be okay. What
shouldi do, help! :-D Thanks!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html