Re: [NTLK] Paperback book making...

From: gmoody_at_gmx.net
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 08:20:58 PDT

Hi Joe=2E=2E=2Ewaddaya know?

Okay, assuming that you are using Paperback 2=2E0, the way you set up a TO=
is as follows:

Edit the source =2Etxt file with margins set to zero=2E At the top of eac=
section that you want reflected in the TOC, insert 3 lines, the top and
bottom lines blank, and the middle on containing ONLY the following text,
and where <text> is the text you would like to use in the TOC=2E This cou=
ld
be the chapter number, the chapter title, a combination of both, or
anything you want=2E Just remember that ANYTHING you put between the text=

"Subject:" and the carriage return at the end of the line will be included=

in the TOC=2E Also note, "Subject:" IS case sensitive=2E

Start Paperback 2=2E0=2E Select the edited source =2Etxt file you want to=

process=2E A window titled "Paperback for Windomws 2=2E0" will be display=
ed
with various settings, such as "Title for Extras Drawer", "Book Title", et=
c=2E

Go to the "Make Table of Contents" checkbox, and make sure it's checked=2E=
=20
In the field labeled "from lines starting with:" should have the default
value of "Subject:", which is what you want=2E Make sure the the checkbox=

labeled "Include these lines in the book" is NOT checked=2E

Then process the file=2E Install the =2Epkg file on your newt=2E When yo=
u start
the book, the book text will be displayed without the lines starting with
the text "Subject"=2E There will be no TOC displayed in the book text=2E =
get to the TOC, press the Overview button on the menu bar at the bottom,
the DOT=2E A TOC will be displayed as a pop-up menu with the text items y=
ou
entered on the "Subject" lines=2E Selecting any of the defined TOC line w=
ill
take you to that section in the book=2E

I hope this is clear enough=2E Let me know if this works for you=2E I us=
paperback all the time for traveling (airport) books, frequently books
downloaded from the net=2E The William Gibson Neuromancer trilogy is my f=
ave=2E

Regards,

Gary