Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 13:07:46 PDT

Nathan Turnage wrote:

> I think the whole thing is hilarious.
   For some list members (particularly those with Windows machines) I imagine it wasn't all that hilarious. On a mailing list, you expect other subscribers to be responsible and not send you viruses or link you to places that will cause your computer to crash. In this case fortunately it wasn't a virus.

> How stupid are we to follow blindly to a site that
> could reak so much havoc.
   I wasn't one of those caught by this one, but, as I stated above, list members generally expect links from fellow listers to be 'safe' and this sort of thing jeopardizes that trust. For a while, I imagine there will be a lot of trepidation when following any links that come up on the list.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html