Re: [NTLK] (No Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:41:02 -0600

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 12:26:46 PDT

Il me semble que le 15/5/03 à 21:12 +0200, Joost van de Griek nous racontait:
>Actually, Data Rescue X recovers from rm just fine. If you use it directly
>after the offending command, chances are you'll recover 100%.

I've heard it's not that good. I just hope to not need it, hence
monthly backups.

>Besides, rm -rf / doesn't so much more than throw a permission error,
>because it starts at / and / cannot be rm'ed by a lowly user. Anyone silly
>enough to be logged on as root and running a command like that without
>knowing fully what it implies, deserves everything they get. Any other user
>running any command they don't know just because an email or a web site sai=
>so, likewise.

True. However, users tend to add spaces in rm commands. Imagine one
between the slash and the star.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/