Re: [NTLK] HELP! I just lost all of my addresses!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 06:51:47 PDT

on 5/13/03 12:03 AM, Karl and Kathleen at kapri_at_cfl.rr.com wrote:
> Please help if you can. There were a lot of fax entries (over 100)
> that I really need.
    I'm not sure how Newtsync works since I've never used it. However, I
remember a setting from NCU for syncing that involved deciding which
machine's data was to win if they differed. If the Newton data was set to
win and there was none, all of the data in Claris Organizer could get nuked.
I gave up synching after all my Newton data got nuked on day. Fortunately I
had a relatively recent backup.
    Do you have a backup file of the lost data? Otherwise I fear it may be
lost.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html