Re: [NTLK] Upgrading a MP2000 (again..)

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 18:11:16 PDT

Mark wrote:

> At one reseller I dealt with, they had a hardware
> test from Apple that could distinguish between the
> ones with and without jaggies.
   That would lead me to guess the case isn't a cause of jaggies, but possibly can contribute to the condition (a hardware test wouldn't likely find a case deformity).
   And, following from that, I'd be guessing the bad screen contact theory is probably correct (the recent case shaving fix likely works by pressing the contacts together better).
   Any idea how this test determined which Newt was jaggie-prone? Possibly the impedence of a circuit being higher than it should be?

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html