Re: [NTLK] Problems installing with Escale 1.0.1

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 05:01:05 PDT

On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 18:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicolas Zinovieff=20=

wrote:
> As "one of the two other people", I have indeed made it work.

Completely without any error anywhere and does it work every time?

> Escale is a work in progress. Each and every time someone reports a
> problem, we try to fix it.
> If you have a precise /modus operandi/ that explains how to reproduce,
> please insert it in the bugs database.

I do my best ;-) and rest assured, the work is very much appreciated!

> And If the bug is solved, you'll have to build the latest Escale app. =
> assure you it is easy :)
> If you can't find the info on Paul''s website, just ask me for a
> precise HOWTO.

Now I'm at a total loss here, all I can find on Paul's site is version=20=

1.0.1
Where would one find the data to recompile and what would it take?

In the meantime: I managed to transfer for the first time a package=20
over AppleTalk that made it whole (as in not corrupted and working)=20
though I still got an error afterwards: 'Dock A Connection error has=20
occurred (-28009)'

Considering what you said in your previous post and considering that=20
this is on OS X 10.2.6 i found that quite impressive.

Funny thing is that I tried both with my router configured to open port=20=

3679 and without and sometimes I can connect and sometimes I can't but=20=

it's completely unrelated, ah, the world of software testing ;-)

On the same line, whenever the TCP/IP won't be able to connect I get:=20
'NIE Error: Problem connecting, DHCP server unavailable or unable to=20
configure this device'
Restarting the Newt takes care of this. (most of the times ;-)=20
Otherwise the Newt and Escale and sometimes both computers=85

As a proof of the Newt going out of whack every now and than, sometimes=20=

I tap it before a connection and it come up with the connected window=20
of NCU (6 icons instead of the three of Escale) while there is no=20
connection at all!

The next flavor is that I see my computer in Zero Config (what a great=20=

idea for a TCP connection, close to the user-friendliness of=20
AppleTalk!) and choose it and next I get 'Dock The Connection was=20
stopped because your desktop computer disconnected' while Escale is=20
still open.

(BTW, for Paul and Nicolas: repeated test seems to indicate that 1.0.1=20=

is way more happy with nothing special configured for the ports of my=20
router where Escale OSX Debug (from April 19th) is exactly the=20
opposite.)

HTH

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html