[NTLK] Interesting Use for Emergency Package

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 05:13:52 PDT

I was looking at the SBM Utilities page, and happened to read the docs on
"emergency.pkg". I had always thought of this as something to use if the
Newt was broken, but after reading the docs I realized that it could be used
for simplifying my backup procedures.
I put emergency.pkg and utilities.pkg on my backup card, and set SBM Backup
to do an automatic backup of internal and to erase old backups. Now all I
have to do is insert the card and hit reset, and my internal store is backed
up without having to launch any programs to select any options. (And the
Newt announces in a cool German accent when it is done.) Very, very
convenient.

Eric

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html