Re: [NTLK] How can I make Escale 1.0.1 work?

From: Rob Frohne (frohro_at_wwc.edu)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 17:56:29 PDT

Hi Paul,

I am using a Wavelan Bronze card with Hirochi's driver. It seems to=20
work just fine for other things, and I can connect to NCU using=20
Appletalk with it. The Wavelan is connecting to a graphite airport=20
base station which is going to my powerbook which uses a Wavelan silver=20=

card and the WirelessDriver from sourceforge.net. That driver only=20
allows me to use TCP/IP, not Appletalk, so the NCU solution is not as=20
nice as Escale would be if it worked for me. The newton is a=20
MessagePad 2100.

Thanks,

Rob
On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 02:05 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Il me semble que le 9/5/03 =E0 05:26 -0700, Rob Frohne nous racontait:
>> I am trying to get Escale 1.0.1 to work. I am using TCP/IP. If I =
use
>> zero config, I get an error that says mDNS NIE Error A communications
>> problem has occurred after choosing the computer and hitting the=20
>> little
>> x to close the window. (Maybe I am not supposed to close that =
window,
>> but if I don't hit the x, it just sits there.)
>
> You're not indeed. Normally, a connect button appears as soon as
> details about the computer have been retrieved. This can take up to 1
> second but not more.
>
>> If I do manual config, I don't get any errors on the newton when I=20
>> push
>> connect, but I never get a connection according to the Mac.
>
> This is weird.
>
> What is your network setup?
>
> Paul
> --=20