Re: [NTLK] Escale Rendezvous working for anybody?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 14:07:16 PDT

Il me semble que le 9/5/03 à 13:57 -0700, Jeremy Bond Shepherd nous racontait:
>Hmmm.... I tried mapping UDP port 5353 to my Mac's IP 192.168.2.2.

Jeremy, this is UDP multicast, so all the machines on your Network
should see the packets. The packets are not sent to a given IP. I
suggest that you remove this setting of your router that can worsen
the problem.

Do you have two macs by chance running MacOS 10.2? If so, you could
check that Rendezvous works or not. I'm pretty sure Escale and the
Newton implementation are not responsible for the problem.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/