[NTLK] Newton Serial numbers

From: William Barthelmy (bilbe_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 12:18:57 PDT

Hi all,

I'm putting together a PHP-MySQL-driven website that I'm calling the
Newton Buyer's/Seller's guide. The first version might be a little
image-intensive for Newton browsers, but since it's be template driven
it will be easy to make a second Newton-friendly version.

I envision the site as having a page for each version of each device
that runs the Newton OS. Each page will have basic stats but also a
list of items that originally came in the box as well as pictures.
Right now you are able to look up a device by form-factor and/or
version of the Newton OS. I'm adding OS patch versions, but what I
would like to be able to do is be able to look up a Newton by serial
number as well. Here's where you come in. I want to know if there is
any documentation out there on serial numbers?

I only have it on my G4 laptop now (I'll let you all know when it goes
live).

Thanks all.
--Bill B.

w i l l i a m b a r t h e l m y
senior instructional multimedia and web developer

harvard university
email: barthelm_at_fas.harvard.edu

"nunc scripsi totum pro christo da mihi potum." - Medieval marginalia

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html