Re: [NTLK] Fieldworker

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 07:22:26 PDT

Quoting Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca>:

> on 5/8/03 9:44 AM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>
> > However, since the company is still active and they are located in
> Toronto
> > (and could thus very easily send me nasty threatening letters) I can't
> accept
> > any commercial version of this for UNNA.
> I wonder if someone approached them on the issue if they could be
> persuaded to give it to us on the understanding we expect no support and
> it
> will not be distributed for profit. I believe Dale actually owns a
> commercial copy, so he might be the logical person to approach Fieldworker
> on our behalf. If he doesn't want to, I'll volunteer to give it a shot.

I don't know, I'm skeptical because it is still a real commercial product,
just on a different platform - and an expensive one at that. If people want
to do the leg work, go right ahead... if they have any questions about UNNA -
what it is or somesuch, give them my e-mail address.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html