Re: [NTLK] usb serial adapter

From: Johannes Spielhagen (gottjott_at_gmx.de)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 01:15:52 PDT

Am Donnerstag, 08.05.03 um 10:06 Uhr schrieb Robert Benschop:

> On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 03:11 Europe/Amsterdam, Edward Humes
> wrote:
>> I received my keyspan usb/serial adapter today and am trying to figure
>> out which drivers to install -- the users manual isn't very good on
>> this point, with a long but not very helpful discussion of osx vs
>> classic. I wonder if those list members who are using the adapter for
>> os x applications (ie nsync) also installed the os 9 drivers so ncu
>> could work in classic mode. Or is that a recipe for disaster?
>
> Not sure if you can install drivers on both systems but (don't have a
> Keyspan myself) but from what I've read on this list on the past I'm
> sure that you can have it working in only one environment at the time.
> (do either OS X or Classic)
> Now I don't know if you can install the drivers on both and choose to
> activate/deactivate...

I found in the keyspan faq that you need only the driver for the
environment you are working with. Probably all apps you use a keyspan
adaptor for are actually classic environment - at least I have no idea
of macos x use of serial ports (modem?-normally built-in). That means
you can save the space for something better.

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html