Re: [NTLK] OT: Guns don't kill people, iPods do (was Whose going to have 30GB...)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 06:20:23 PDT

on 5/6/03 10:39 PM, Matthew Reidsma at junkmail_at_reidsrow.com wrote:

> Read carefully: What are guns used for besides killing? Not just people,
> killing. And don;t even strat trying to tell us that they invented guns so
> that we could shoot at tin cans in our back yards...

Actually, if I recall correctly, guns were invented to win wars. Killing was
merely incidental. In fact, according to some things I've read, killing
outright is less desirable than wounding, as killing takes out only one
person, but wounding a person consumes tons of resources, so in war, you
would rather wound and maim than kill.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I will reel in my line now...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland