Re: [NTLK] WiFi printing from Newton without AppleTalk?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 23:23:31 PDT

on 06/05/03 18:58, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:

> I've got myself a wireless router that doesn't seem to do AppleTalk
> wirelessly (SMC7004VWBR). I'd like to be able to print wirelessly from my
> Newt to my networked printer (HP4M Plus). With my PowerBook I can do it
> with OS X's IP printing, which works like a charm.
>
> Is there a solution for the Newton?

If your router doesn't do AppleTalk, then I'm afraid you won't be able to
print with your Newton. The Newton prints only on network printers that
support AppleTalk and PostScript.

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html