Re: [NTLK] [OT] Who's going to have over 30GB of music?

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 04:53:21 PDT

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 13:18, Joost van de Griek wrote:
> On 2003-05-06 13:03, Karel Jansens wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 May 2003 09:35, Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:
> >> The technology to pick locks, crack safes, and murder people has been
> >> created and is out there also. I don't consider these activities
> >> subject to personal discretion about whether they are morally
> >> acceptable.
> >
> > There is no technology to pick locks, crack safes or murder people.
> > There is technology that can be used to do all those things, but the
> > same technology can be used to save people's lives as well.
>
> You are of course right. Electric chairs were not designed to kill. :-/

[I thought it prudent to add the [OT] sign to the subject line]

An electric chair is an execution device(*). The technology behind it,
however (electricity, woodwork) did not specifically evolve to kill
people.

____
(*) We could now spin off(**) into an even more off-topic discussion on the
differences between the legal execution of convicted criminals and killing
people.

(**) Please don't.

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.