Re: [NTLK] Who's going to have over 30GB of music?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 00:35:44 PDT

> if you
> dont want to share what music you have and you dont want to download
> from someone who does then dont. but dont tell others they are wrong.

Sorry -- disagree. It's theft of intellectual property, and it is
wrong. I admit I do it too but I don't try to justify it by pretending
it's okay.

> the technology has been created and is out there to be used. your
> choice as to how it is used is your business.

The technology to pick locks, crack safes, and murder people has been
created and is out there also. I don't consider these activities
subject to personal discretion about whether they are morally
acceptable.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Religion consists in a set of things
San Francisco, CA | which the average man thinks he believes
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | and wishes he was certain of.
Phone: 415-929-0297 | -- Samuel Clemens
AIM: jeremybondsf |
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html