[NTLK] Software recommendation

From: Bograt (bograt__at_talk21.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 03:45:53 PDT

Having purchased on Friday a Siemens SL42e mobile phone, I began the
laborious task of putting all of my contacts onto the phone, as this
phone actually is able to manage more than the normal name and number
format (Last name, First name, Company, email, Homephone, Workphone,
Mobilephone, Fax, Street, Postcode, City, Country, URL, and VIP), I got
out my trusted Newton, fresh from a sync with Newtsync - haven't tried
escale yet because Newtsync works! I proceeded to put on the contacts.
Today, sore thumbs later, I remembered a programme called Nitro (
http://40hz.org/Nitro/ ) and remembered this would give modem
connectivity to the newt, I played around with this, before remembering
I didn't know the setup details, so I tried beaming etc and eventually
found ICVC ( http://40hz.org/ICVC/ ). I now feel very upset, as I have
wasted a long time transferring contacts, when this wonderful program
could do it for me. Never mind, off to put my calendars onto the Newt
and then the Phone before I go out.

Bograt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html