Re: [NTLK] does it exist? Particular names enhancement

From: Walter Remson (w.remson_at_att.net)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 06:28:00 PDT

>allow me to search the Names app for "wcom.com" and
>replace it with "mci.com" (for the email field)

You could download your names data from your Newton as a Tab Delimited File
(DIF). Next load this file into Excel and do a search and replace for the
comapny name or any other field. Be sure to safe the file as the same
format. Next you will want to use NCU to upload the file back inot your
Newton. Here comes the tricky part you will need to remove all the old
company names or you will have duplicates. The best way to do this is to
use the "Find" button for your old company name then select all of the
names and use the action button to delete the names. Hope this helps.

Walter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html