Re: [NTLK] two quick newbie questions...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 13:39:47 PDT

On vrijdag, mei 2, 2003, at 22:18 Europe/Amsterdam, Edward Humes wrote:
> 1. I am using WaveLan to dock/simplemail/web browse with my 2100. I
> would also like to have an ethernet card configured for travel purposes
> (hotels are more likely to offer ethernet jacks than WIFI in the
> rooms). Can the newton store multiple configurations associated by type
> of card/connection, or will plugging in an ethernet card and
> configuring it wipe out my wireless settings?

No, you just create a second Internet Setup and choose the one you need
for that specific card.
I called mine 'Wired' with my Ethernet card specified and 'Wireless'
with my Wireless card specified (apart from that exactly the same) to
avoid all confusion ;-)

> 2. Does syncing through escale require the dock module packages if the
> connection is established via apple talk/wifi? the manual implies
> installation of the module(s?) is optional, but i can't get sync with
> address book to work.

I can't even get an install to work yet so I didn't go as far as to try
a synch yet, Paul or Nicolas will probably answer this.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html