Re: [NTLK] ? Macintalk options on Newt ?

From: George Bingham (george.bingham_at_newted.net)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 16:13:56 PDT

On Thu, May 1, 2003 Nathan Turnage wrote:
>Are there any options or other voices that Macintalk will work with. I
>cannot change volume, voices and cannot stop it when I have had enough
>of Frank. Are there other voices, and can I use "Speak text" in my newt
>books? how?
>
>-Nate
Nate,

In addition to all the advice you've received on how to set Macintalk prefs on the Newton, here's how to shut "Fred" up when you've set him up to reading a book.

While the Newton is speaking, you can tap on the star that appears in the middle of the top of the screen, select "Speak Text", and in the dialog that pops up, tap the "Stop" button.

HTH,

George

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html