Re: [NTLK] ? Macintalk options on Newt ?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 13:48:25 PDT

For settings and prefs (voices and such) go to the
In/Out app and tap on th [i] in the lower left hand
corner. From there, select Speak Text Prefs.
As far as speaking books, we've discussed that in the
past on this list and I believe that someone posted a
Newton Script that would speak the highlighted text.
As far as I know, there is no way to speak the text of
a Newton Book or a Paperback book, unless there is
some kind of 3rd party app.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Nathan Turnage <nturnage_at_andadv.com> wrote:
> Are there any options or other voices that Macintalk
> will work with. I
> cannot change volume, voices and cannot stop it when
> I have had enough
> of Frank. Are there other voices, and can I use
> "Speak text" in my newt
> books? how?
>
> -Nate

=====
"If the nation escalates to 'red alert', you will de assumed by athorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside your home."
 - Sid Caspersen, NJ's director of the office of counter-terrorism