[NTLK] Unknown German OS for MP130? Help needed!

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 13:37:08 PDT

Hi all,

I have a German MP 120 and a German MP130 that have the same
ROM version 535334. The fact that two different Newton models have the
same ROM version isn't astonishing in itself since the German
ROMs for the 120 and 130 are nearly identical and hence have the
same version number.
What is very astonishing, though, is the fact that ROM version
535334 isn't in the FAQ and I didn't find it with Google, either.

The FAQ states for the German versions:

* MP120 2.0 536205 (over 535344 & 536030)
* MP130 2.0 536205 (over 535344 & 536030)

The same info can be found all over the internet, which might be because
once upon a time someone made a typo and the rest of the world has
copied it ever since. Maybe 535344 was actually supposed to have
been 535334 like on my MP's?

Another weird thing is that the FAQ says that, although the ROM's
have the same version number, they have different Gestalt machineType
ID's for the 120 and the 130. This value is the same on my 120 and my
130 which is weird.

Is there a list somewhere out there that lists Gestalt machine type
values
and the corresponding Newton types?

Could those of you who have a German MP130 please fire it up, have a
look at the current os version and let me know what it is?

Thanks a lot

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html