Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 13:18:59 PDT

There is the rub, I have no idea what would be using the serial port.
The only thing I've done with it since downloading the Stealth patch
and checking extensions and preferences is try using it with the Newt.

I leave the Newt searching for another Mac after I plug the serial cord
in and it just searches and searches and searches...till it finally
powers down to conserve battery power. When I try using the serial
option, it says it was unable to get a response from the iMac. I've
tried using the serial connection option and the Appletalk option in
the Newt, and the same in the iMac...I figured I would just stupidly
stumble across a working option at some point yesterday, but no dice.

I've gotten spoiled under OS X. I don't have to do all that much
thinking anymore, like I had to in the old days of OS 9. ;-)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html