Re: [NTLK] OT iPod mutates - and a question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 09:28:51 PDT

I rip my MP3 as as VBR with a base of 128 with an
emphasis on quality instead of size. This allows the
song to dictate the quality of the resultant
compression. My VBR will vary between 92 to 160. And
this is adequet for "casual" listening, like from a
computer system, or my Archos or from my WinCE in my
car. It's even OK when I have music playing through my
outdoor speakers in the backyard. Personally though, I
hate analog converted to digital. You will never get a
high enough quality converting to digital. For me, the
use of MP3s is strictly for convenience. If I want
high quality, I grab the CD or half-speed mastered
vinyl.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new