Re: [NTLK] Daylight saving

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 09:53:04 PST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 3/30/03 2:21 AM, the entity known
as Matthew Robinson transmitted the following from matthew_at_crescent.org.uk:

> Hi all,
> The clocks went forward last night and I was wondering why my Newton didn't?
>
> I've set the home City to be one that's in the rom and it should understand
> daylight saving?

For those in the States, before you panic and start resetting your clocks,
the UK moved to DST today, but here in the States we move NEXT WEEK. (I'd
not realized that until I looked on my astronomy calendar.)

- Eric.

If aviation had grown as slowly as space travel, the first paying
customer would have flown in 1943 -- in the 1,657th expendable Wright
Flyer.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html