Re: [NTLK] New Apple Mini-Tablet Enclosure

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 21:22:21 PST

On 29.3.03 at 18:31:09 PST, Larry Zasitko wrote:
> Would like to see your renderings...
>
> Yes I do quite a bit of 3d work myself. I model in Autocad or Rhino or
> Turbocad but all my rendering is done is Lightscape. I do mostly
> architectural which at times can be a challenge to decide where to cut
> detail. In the end it comes down to how it is going to be viewed, not much
> sense in having a lot of detail and then looking from far enough away that
> it doesn't show. I find the same satisfaction when the model is done and
> rendering is going.

All right. I have uploaded them to my school's webserver. They are at:

http://www.utdallas.edu/~rxs015500/NewtonTalk/

The smoothing I did made parts of it look kind of ... off. I just threw
this together from polygons. If anyone wants, I could probably do a NURBS
one that would have much better quality, but it would also take me a while
to do.

Everything is to scale. I worked from the assumption that this is a PDA
style device. The case was a bit too large to be much else in my opinion.
The gaps in the case are represented by a 2 mm recess as is the opening with
the door. I did not render the door. It would simply clutter the scene. I
think that the larger hole in the back is probably for the battery. The
smaller one might be for a camera lens and flash, but how many camera lenses
do you know of that are rectangular? Could it be for a stand?

> Larry Zasitko

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html