Re: [NTLK] Successful wireless story

From: Jens Baumeister (mail_at_jensbaumeister.de)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 13:56:57 PST

Hi!

On Samstag, M=E4rz 29, 2003, at 10:46 Uhr, Paul Zenk wrote:

> Thanks to all the discussion on the list on connecting a newton to
> wireless network, my installation was a breeze.

Same with me - searching through the archive, I found all the help I=20
needed. Got an MP2k with Farallon/Proxim SkyLine card in an AirPort=20
network with a graphite base station and an OS X PowerMac.

Only problem: I can't send mails via my main mail account. Seems to be=20=

the mail provider's fault, though, because both Eudora Pro (Newton) and=20=

SimpleMail can't properly get SMTP on that account working, whereas my=20=

backup mail account works with the Newton.

Still, the most important thing that I can finally use my PomerMac to=20
install packages.

Jens Baumeister

God is REAL... unless explicitly declared INTEGER.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html