Re: [NTLK] OT duodock--battery?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 12:50:33 PST

on 3/29/03 3:32 PM, Bog Rat at bograt__at_talk21.com wrote:
> If my memory serves me correctly, aren't they Ni-MH batteries?
> Shouldn't these be immune to memory effect? Well, there is also a
> battery reconditioning program on the Duo,
    the reconditioning program is for the main battery, not the PRAM cells.
Some PowerBooks run fine without the PRAM (you just lose your settings if
the main battery and AC are removed. Others, like the 5300, run into some
problems because the power manager needs the PRAM power _ they work, most of
the time but strange things happen randomly.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html