Re: [NTLK] Battery Behavior Problem

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 11:42:04 PST

on 3/29/03 1:32 PM, kwshoes at kwshoes_at_spamcop.net wrote:
> After giving a full charge in the Charging Station, I can put it into the
> MP120 and it will work for about 10 minutes then quit.
    The cells are likely dead. Get four NiCD (not NiMH) cells (Radio Shack
23-149A cells will work fine). Carefully remove the metal plates from the
black cells currently in the pack and replace them with the new cells. The
plates have sticky stuff on the back and if carefully removed will stick to
the new cells.
    Some of the Charging Stations do develop a problem and won't charge
packs in the Newton. I've run across a couple of these. Also make sure the
contacts on the back of the Newt are clean.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html