Re: [NTLK] duodock--battery?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 10:11:24 PST

on 29/03/03 12:18, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> on 3/29/03 7:13 AM, mimi.cipollone at mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca wrote:
>> is there an internal battery for the old powerbook duodock?
> There may be a PRAM battery inside the duo. I'm not familiar with the
> innards of Duos but most of the PowerBooks have a PRAM battery of some sort
> to maintain settings when the battery in changed.
> The PRAM battery also runs the power manager and a dead PRAM battery can
> cause all manners of strangeness.

There is definitely a PRAM battery inside a Duo. It's made of several
batteries in a cluster. It's around the clicker, underneath the top case.
You can't miss it.

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html