Re: [NTLK] Raissa

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 01:59:22 PST

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 05:25 , martina wilson wrote:

> has anyone created or know of a detailed setup/explanation for Raissa?
> i'm having trouble getting it to work.

All that is usually needed is to get the URL of the RSS feed. Add a
new feed in Raissa via the "New" button, enter the URL into the URL
field, tap on "Update" and hopefully, a Internet connection is made
and the RSS data is fetched. The URL has to be in URL format
("http://...").

One source for RSS feeds are for example blogs. Depending on the
backend blog software, the URL could show up as a link named
"Syndicate this site", "XML" or "RSS 0.9". The link is what you
enter into the URL field in Raissa.

If you are surfing the web with NewtScape, you can also install
LaunchRSS. It enables NewtScape to open RSS feeds directly from a
web page (e.g. when tapping on the "Syndicate this site" link) by
launching Raissa and adding the URL automatically.

Somehow it's a bit unfortunate that RSS is so little known and that
the information about RSS is in most cases very technical. Reading
comments on many blogs show that most people don't know about this
very clever method of fetching news, headlines etc. There seems to
be the clear need for an introduction to RSS from the user
perspective!

Eckhart

PS: Eric Schneck has sent me a nice list of RSS feeds. I'm thinking
about adding a default set of feeds to Raissa, so if there are more
feeds people want to have preconfigured, let me know.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html