Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 09:39:48 PST

I like the weapon idea :-)

A bit more serious though...

When I first bought the 2100 I had looked at portables and decided that the
Newton did most everything that I need it to without the bulk of a full size
portable. I bought a keyboard for the times when I have to do a lot of
typing.

What programs do I have on my Newton and use:
Five Speed Softwares Dashboard, which lets you customize the toolbar and add
shortcuts to other program. For example I can write 'w' in a small window
and it will open works.
More Info by Silverware, this is a great program for manageing scheduling,
etc and I would be lost without it now.
Relations by Mitchell System Designs, a geneology program for the Newton, in
fact the only one that I know of.
Blueprint 2 by Sine of the times (Ashish Mishra), a project management
program. At the time I bought this program I was working for a Mining
company and had to make construction schedules all the time.
Photoshow by Landware, which is a picture viewer.
Newtcard by NS Basic, which is like a program on the mac that will let you
design cardfiles, etc
Ebase which is a database originally designed for the Scottish School and
released to the public.
Then I have several games, JIG, Lunar Lander etc. for the times where I am
really bored...

The program also give you ideas of what I use the Newton for.

Is this the only pda I have, no! I have a OMP, 110, 120 and my 2100, then I
have a Psion, a Palm Pilot and a PocketPC (Jornada 548). One of my boys use
the Psion and the other uses a Newton. My wife uses one of the Newtons also
and the Palm Pilot I gave to my brother. I use the Jornada for only a few
things, PocketCad which lets me open and markup Autocad drawings in the
field and for reading electronic books. I keep my contacts on both the 2100
and the Jornada so it means ever time I add someone I do it twice.

Don't worry about asking questions here, just remember that everyone was a
newbie at one time....

Larry Zasitko

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html