Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 01:49:11 PST

The biggest complaint I have heard newbies make about looking up information
is that they do not know how to search for answers to their questions.

Why not make the FAQ we already have a 'searchable' resource ? Maybe have
links on newton-related websites that employ a version of Grant's 'Search
Unna' script re-written to search the FAQ with a text entry box for the
search item(s) ?

This would give the newbie a google search of the FAQ that they could use to
get instant results.

Paul Nuernberger

Joel M. Sciamma Sent

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html