Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X & Ink

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 15:24:42 PST

> I wonder which company they bought that one from ;).
>
> I wonder if Apple lost the source code for NOS, something that good,
> got a
> rebirth that bad is quite puzzling ...

Depends on which conspiracy theory you subscribe to. Rumor has it that,
when Microsoft bailed Apple out, part of the agreement was the sharing
of key technologies. Some of those were Newton related and ended up
going into Pocket PC. The Pocket PC, Newton 2.0, InkWell and Tablet PC
all share the same code base for HWR. (If MS acquired it from Apple, or
from the same people Apple did makes no differance, it's pretty much
the same, though each has it's own 'tweaks.')
-Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html