Re: [NTLK] IMAP mail program for Newton?

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 16:49:16 PST

On Saturday, March 22, 2003 8:34 PM,
Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 08:07 PM, Matt Mendelow wrote:
>
>> Anyone aware of a mail app supporting IMAP for the Newton?
>>
> Simplemail is the only one, but it is kind of limited in some
> respects...
>
> Also the archives have a lot of the info you are looking for, try the
> http://newtontalk.net/archive.

While I like SimpleMail and I'm grateful for Simon's work, it's IMAP support
isn't "kind of" limited.. it's just plain limited...! :-/

No support for IMAP folders (the only reason to even *bother* with IMAP)
makes the answer basically 'no' for IMAP support on Newton email clients.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I've been sitting on that opinion for a
while....

--
David Orriss Jr.
Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.