Re: [NTLK] Spam Arrest Verification for List Posting

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 20:30:33 PST

Actually I am the admin for several mail servers, as well as run several of
my own mail servers (I handle technical support for a regional ISP & have a
T1 to my home). I have evaluated most of the available server-side
solutions across the OS spectrum, and have came away mostly non-plussed.

I still get the best results (far fewer false positives; much better
flexibility in rule sets, content filtering, and white/black list handling)
from the client-side solutions I have settled upon. I also like being able
to review what is being filtered without having to check another machine
(physically, or by remote admin tools).

I still, occasionally, will get NTLK on my 2100. There are only a few
unwanted emails per week on that account because it is used solely for
Newton-related mail. I only wish my various personal and professional
accounts were so lucky !!!

Paul Nuernberger

Martin Joseph sent

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html