[NTLK] PrelimBinaries zeroconf problem

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 18:41:45 PST

Hello,

I can't get zeroconf to work with PrelimBinaries.

Here's my configuration:

OSX connected to SMC Barricade wifi router.
MP2100 with Lucent wifi card in top slot.

Delivery: Connect via RendezVous. Server started and waiting for Newton.
Dock: Connect via TCP/IP. TCP/IP prefs set to "Use ZeroConf", Link
"Ask".
Sharing Control Panel: Computer Name and Rendezvous Name "Cooper".
Network address "192.168.2.2". Firewall OFF.
Port forwarding in router set up to forward both TCP and UDP port 3679
to "192.168.2.2".

I get the "Choose a server" dialog but no names appear in the list.

The same setup works fine for all other Internet access from the Newt
as well as Appletalk between the Newt and OSX.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | It is easier to suppose that the universe
San Francisco, CA | has existed for all eternity than to
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | conceive a being beyond its limits
Phone: 415-929-0297 | capable of creating it.
AIM: jeremybondsf | -- Percy Bysshe Shelley
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html