[NTLK] Heads up: Will be listing 2 MP2100s on eBay

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 17:16:44 PST

Gang,

Just as an FYI, today or tomorrow I will post auctions for 2 MP2100s on
eBay. Both units have some flaws but might be okay for a backup, NPDS
server, or parts.

Unit #1:
Pluses: Very nice case/exterior. Very nice screen -- no scratches or
blemishes that I can see. Very bright backlight.

Minuses: It does have a developing case of the jaggies. Perhaps the
bezel shaving technique can cure this. Also, the lower PCMCIA slot
eject button doesn't work anymore (can repair it or tape a handle onto
the cards you use here.) Slight ding in the case next to the internal
modem punchout is hidden when the jack door is closed.

Unit #2:
Plusses: Good case/exterior. Has been retrofitted with Calvin Grier's
touchscreen/backlight replacement, so NO jaggies, and a nice,
easy-to-see blue backlight. PCMCIA ejectors fine.

Minuses: Door latch on right side broken (could probably be repaired
with an hour or so effort digging deep into the Newton). Also, the
replacement touchscreen has a decidedly different feel than the stock
Apple model. It requires more stylus pressure to activate. I find this
annoying, which is the major reason why I am selling this unit.

Any proceeds from the sale of these units will go towards getting a
new-to-me unit from J&K sales.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html